Would you be willing to pray for one hour to end abortion? 40 Days for Life is a pro-life effort that consists of 40 days of praying, fasting, and holding a peaceful vigil in front of an abortion clinic. The fall campaign will take place from September 27 through November 5. This will be the 16th campaign in Grand Rapids and it will take place in front of Heritage Clinic for Women at 320 East Fulton Street. This is the only freestanding surgical abortion clinic still operating in our community.
Dozens of area churches have adopted a day of prayer. Rockford Res has adopted Friday, October 27, to pray at the peaceful vigil. At least two individuals are needed for each hour of the vigil from 7 am to 7 pm. You are encouraged to attend at any time of the day to help support and pray for life.
To get involved, please sign up below.
By signing up, you are agreeing to our Statement of Peace:
As a 40 Days for Life – Grand Rapids prayer volunteer, I will:
- only pursue peaceful solutions to the violence of abortion;
- show compassion and reflect Christ’s love to Heritage Clinic for Women personnel and its clients, and to any others who may object to this campaign;
- not obstruct driveways or sidewalks while standing in the public right-of-way;
- closely attend to any children I bring to the prayer vigil;
- cooperate with local authorities;
- be respectful of private property.
I acknowledge that outreach to clients is the responsibility of the trained sidewalk counselors.
I understand that acting in a violent or harmful manner immediately and completely disassociates me from the 40 Days for Life campaign.
I am in no way associated with Planned Parenthood, its affiliates, or any abortion provider.
Event DetailsDate: October 27, 2017
Time: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Registration Required: yes
Seats Available: unlimited
Contact: Caryn Bergsma
Location: Heritage Clinic for Women
320 East Fulton Street Grand Rapids